Sunday, August 06, 2006

 

First Day back in Afghanistan

















I got back here less than 24 hours ago and already I have it just like home (almost, sort of, maybe? alright, not even close). Everything in plywood and the blanckets all over the wall were here for my enjoyment. As it shows the room is about 6 feet by 10 feet. My bed is a mattress on plywood on an army cot. Semi stable. I have plenty of shelves and a desk, but the camp chair I got today isn't quite tall enough to fit. I signed up for my internet service also and its working great, a little better than dial up but not near what we have at the house. Its 35$ a month but look where I'm at, and that seems cheap. The guy who lived here when I was here last time was named "Wingnut" and you can see why with the coice of wall decorations. Its partly for noise to not travel so well with all this plywood. Yes those are dolphines by the bed and not shown are the koala bears on the door. I also got a new pillow, because I'm used to one now, right Susan?

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?