Sunday, October 08, 2006

 

Kids, please play IN the street.



I borrowed this picture, its off base someplace, but that is how its been here for so many years. I heard a story that a few months back a guy was using a bulldozer next to a road on base that supposedly was safe and he hit a mine. It totalled the bulldozer but he lived, probably because he was sitting on 4 tons of steel.

The unusual sight for the day was a truck on the main street through the base. Its called "Disney" but not for Walt. It is named after a Sargent that was killed here at the beginning of it all 5 years ago. Anyway, I'm riding next to a line of stopped trucks at the 4 way stop in the middle of the base and I go by a small truck with a homemade shell on the back. I look in and see 4 or 5 live goats! What the heck is someone trucking in goats for? They had little curved horns and everything.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?