Friday, December 21, 2007

 

Home based industry


From my first day in Nigeria I have seen bottles of peanuts sold by locals on the street. I've seen them in shops driving by with a proper label saying that they are sanitized and its done by health standards. Who knows. A level of trust is needed because these are hand shelled and put in bottles of a used nature. The bottles that are used for this are old alcohol bottles and they must be clear.
Notice the masking tape seal to the bottle caps. The small (I believe thats a 5th size bottle) bottle costs 60 naira, about 55 cents. The large size cost 200, a little less than 2 dollars. They are very good peanuts, I've had half a bottle already.
The small old guy at work who makes the coffee and tea sold these to me. He only asks me if I want a Fanta (orange soda) when I come in.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?